Sunday, April 29, 2007

Manhunt

Just saw a shoplifter at Target. I was picking toiletries and staring at hundred-bucks toothbrushes as I noticed this simple-looking casual-dressed dude staring at the side shelf. I had much more to stare at, but he wouldn't go away, peaking at a choice of about ten odd items. Then he produced a walkie-talkie and said "... OK I got ...", pulling something from the shelf. This dude clearly needed a better training.

What he was really doing was a discount-store type James Bond thing. He was peaking at and hiding from another dude, two aisles away along in his sight. He was the security. By then I broke the hundred-dollar toothbrush stupor and was painfully trying to find antiperspirant, running between the aisles. You just never find these things when you actually need them. This is when I heard the security dude say "... he put something in his shirt ... OK now he put something in his pants ... " and indeed, that's what the fella was doing. The black guy, perhaps in his late teens of early twenties, in typical black-guy attire, except the pants high enough to actually move around. His moves were casual and plastic, and even though he wasn't particularly hiding, you wouldn't tell right away that he has been stuffing himself up.

The security guy was quite tense. It is strange that he had to air every move instead of just following all the way to the checkout. Now at any cost he had to avoid scaring the fella. He was just doing his job, but from the gaze in his eyes you could tell he was on a hunt. It was white guy hunting down the black guy, twenty-first century way.

In a completely unrelated development, I noticed that organic kiwis have much longer hairs.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm going to have to check out the organic kiwi next time I go to the grocery store. :)

Thanks for the camera help. Considering the most I know about my camera is that it's pink, I need it.

Monkey and banana said...

:)