Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Straight faces

When I first used my phone's vibration feature, it totally freaked me out. Every time it was just too unexpected. So I stopped using it - unless I had the phone in my jacket's side pocket or something. Turned out to be a good thing! Otherwise, I'd be by now like totally vibrating in a phantomly kind of ways. Now that this is "official", which means some doctor said that yup, tons of people have it also, all the news are talking about phantom vibrations and it even got into this Sunday's comics section. Comics are a big deal for me.

So Ok, I can see how this is a great little filler topic for the media. What I totally don't get is how they all manage to keep them straight faces. Doesn't everybody have the same little dirty question as I do?

2 comments:

Amy said...

The only part of the paper I really like reading is the comics. I always fish them out of the paper to read before anything else. I only use my phone's vibrate setting when I want to hear it but not look like I'm trying to hear it. Like during my lesson or class. Everyone ignores the quiet buzzing because it's okay for phones to be on vibrate, but I still know to check for messages. :)

Nope, not trading my dog. Though I do wish she was worth her weight in silver.

Hard solder is how I burned up my first piece of silver during the 2nd class period. My teacher does enjoy watching us burn things up. The shop has an oxygen torch...way too hot for beginners who have no idea what they're doing. And I was the super smart student who started to reach for the newly soldered piece. Luckily the teacher yelled, "NO NO NO NO!!!" before I burned my fingerprints off. It looked cool...wasn't red hot anymore...

My baby anvil is a teeny little anvil...3 inches tall and about 4 long. Just big enough to do small stuff. My vice actually has a larger surface area for that sort of thing...hopefully I will outgrow the baby anvil soon. Though I did bolt it to the corner of my workbench. It looks adorable.

And I totally want to dye my hair pink, but my stylist said the color would wash out even more quickly than the red. I could handle the weird faded reddish orange color, but I'm not sure I want to know what hot pink would fade to.

Hm. I think that pretty much covers it. For now. :)

Berkeley G. said...

Haha, yeah, I have that question. I don't use that feature on my phone either--unless it's like ringing as loud as possible, I won't hear it.