Monday, March 17, 2008

Predatory Landing

So I could afford to rent this apartment that I live in, and some folks chose to live in a large fancy house, paying pennies on their "mortgage". Now somehow they need to be bailed out to "save the economy". In other words, I have to sponsoring their fun along with paying my rent. And the only way to make this sound any bit fair is to claim that there was a whole lot of predatory lending. You see, they are just victims.

What a pile of crap. If some crackhead robs me in the driveway, the government will not even think of paying me for my shit. They will go after the guy, and if they catch him, with some luck I'll get my stuff back. That's the basic contract. Well when companies rob people with cheater contracts, supposedly putting the entire economy toward recession, the government should go after those assholes. Catch them, prosecute them. Put them into jail, arrest their assets. Overregulate them for a good measure. Only then you may consider bailing out all the mortgage playas. And the reality? Government is subsidizing those very same companies with supercheap loans. Methinks me is being cheated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me thinks so too! But I thought I could capitalize on the old system and buy a house... I watched as the end credits rolled for that movie... bleh...

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Nice too see you again. :)

As a homeowner who purposefully found a house that didn't stretch the budget, I am annoyed by others who found a house that may have been more than they wanted to spend, but OMG the cabinets are SO lovely. Or that 3rd spot in the garage would be perfect for the car they probably can't afford either... Or they just didn't bother reading the terms of their loan. Whatever the reason, I don't like that the government has swooped in to rescue them from themselves.

So look, I agree with you yet again! :)

Anonymous said...

Ugh, just read my comment...Nice to see you. :)