Saturday, August 25, 2007

Da nickel

In my grocery I had recently picked a dollar worth of brochure about how one can find all these antique treasures in a pile of garbage. Went through it and decided to kinda keep my eyes open, thought didn't quite get the bug.

So on Friday for whatever reason I took a look at my change and there it was - a 1927 nickel:
Think about this. This is a coin straight from the Great Depression. Might have been a shiny last nickel in somebody's pocket. Might have been in somebody's first salary on their way to normality or even prosperity. These sorts of things amaze me in all the things old and antique. So that's half the collector's mindset, but I am totally missing the other half.

Anyways, I Googled it up and this is considered a 1927 nickel in very good condition. It is worth somewhere between a dollar and less than $10, and it's not like there's any rush to sell it! So now I look through all my change :)) Also, my file drawer only looks so crappy when you zoom on it.

1 comment:

Berkeley G. said...

SO COOL! I love finding things like that! Insane...which Indian is that on the face of it? Yeah, hang on to that for sure!